Quote:
It has built-in flash memory which is expandable with SD cards, but it looks like GameCube games require the use of a GameCube memory card. Weird.

The Gamecube portion of the machine feels essentially entirely seperate from the Wii side of things. There are no parental controls, only the GC controllers work on it, and as you said only the GC memory cards can be used.

I don't mind, though. I love that I can lovingly store away my wonderful Gamecube, if only for posterity. Funny, I had no problem parting with any of my handhelds (original Game Boy, Game Gear, etc), but I've held onto every single console I've ever owned. I don't remember the last time I broke out the N64...

Sorry to turn this into a Nintendo thread, Tony. I didn't want to be the first person to shift the topic in that direction, but it certainly does seem to fit your objective better. After all, this is what Nintendo is trying to do, and they're succeeding. I showed the Wii to the father in the family who lives next door. Their family has never had a console in their house as far as I know, and apparently he's been talking about it non stop since he played. He's been calling stores all over trying to get one.