I'm running a laptop as the music server that is getting a local static IP from my D-Link DI-624 wireless router. The router is also serving a non-static IP address through DHCP to a D-Link DGL-3420 wireless bridge connected to the receiver. The receiver is getting the address, which shows up on the info screen after initialization. However, the recever never sees the server for some reason.

The music server (my laptop) is communicating with the router, and the router seems to be communicating with the receiver through the wireless bridge. Why then are the server and receiver not communicating? Can anyone suggest a better way to configure the system? Should I assign a static IP to the bridge? Or should I change the gateway for the bridge to the IP of my laptop? What does the "Enable Autoconfiguration" check box in IP Configuration in the ARM software do? When it's checked, there is a range of IP addresses to specify. Is this used when serving the receiver IP addresses using DHCP, so should it match the DHCP range of my router? What happens when the box is unchecked?