Quote:
Can you clarify this point? It's probably not relevant, but normally, static addresses are entered on the computer. If you want the router to always assign the same address, that's usually called a reservation. Which do you have?

My router has what it calls Static DHCP, which can be used in addition to DHCP serving, where you can specify static IPs for certain computers (i.e. reservation). I do this for my home computers so that I will always know what their IPs are, which is useful if I need to reference them in certain applications. When friends come over with their computers, however, I have the router assigning them IPs with the DHCP server.

Quote:
Could you tell us what those IP addresses are? What's the IP address of the router, of the server PC, of the wireless bridge and what's the address that the Receiver is reporting when it fails to boot up?

The IP address of the router is 192.168.0.1, the router is reserving 192.168.0.100 for my server computer, and it is serving 192.168.0.110 (the first address in the specified range of the DHCP server) to the bridge/receiver, which is the address the receiver displays when it fails to boot.

Quote:
Do you have any kind of firewall in between the Receiver and the server computer? What happens if you plug the Receiver directly into the same switch/hub/whatever as the server?

I do have the firewall in Windows XP turned on. When I plug the receiver directly into my router (which is wireless but also has 4 ethernet ports), it still fails to boot up but displays an internally generated IP (169.254...) and the router does not see it (i.e. does not serve it an IP).