Ok, that's a great explanation of the autoconfiguration setting in the ARM software. Thanks for that.

However, my receiver still cannot see my server computer. Like I said, my wireless router is assigning a static IP to the server computer. Any other devices in the network are getting dynamic IPs from the router using DHCP, so I have the wireless bridge set up to be served a dynamic IP from the router. After the receiver initializes, it is unable to find the server but displays exactly the IP information it should be getting according to what the router is serving it. All the while, the server is connected to the network via the static IP it has been assigned. Oh, and "Enable Autoconfiguration" is unchecked.

So the correct information seems to be traveling between the router and server and between the router and receiver, but there is a disconnect which seems like it must be in the router.

More questions in addition to the rest of my original ones:

Could the disconnect be caused by the router-to-server connection being a static IP and the router-to-receiver connection being a dynamic IP? In other words, should they both be static or both be dynamic? What is the best combination?

Could the problem be helped at all by configuring port(s) in a particular way? If so, what port configuration should be implemented?