Quote:
What does the "Enable Autoconfiguration" check box in IP Configuration in the ARM software do?

Can't answer the rest of your question right now, but I'll deal with this one.

The Rio Receiver software includes a DHCP server. Whether this is enabled or not is controlled by the "Enable Autoconfiguration" checkbox.

If we know that the server computer got its IP address from DHCP, this defaults to off. This is because we assume that there's already a valid DHCP server on your network somewhere.

If this is not the case, you can turn it back on.

If we think that your computer has a static IP, then ARM's DHCP defaults to enabled. This caters for people who don't have a DHCP server on their network.

If you have a DHCP server, you should turn it back off.

In order to help prevent us from interfering with an existing DHCP server, even if you turn on "Enable Autoconfiguration", we don't reply until 5 seconds (I think) have elapsed from the initial DHCP discovery. This allows your DHCP server to handle it first.

So, if the Receiver's getting good addresses from your router, you should leave this box unchecked.

Oh, and if you really want to use both (and I don't recommend it), you should make sure that the address ranges don't overlap.