Originally Posted By: andym
It appears my MBP is leaking electricity too. I can charge it up to 100% then disconnect it and leave it sleeping overnight and when I come back to it, it's lost 1/4 of its charge. I'm wondering wether it's not actually going to sleep, it keeps getting woken up. The only way to tell what it's doing would be to open the lid, which wakes it up anyway.

It's getting on for 2 years old, so I'm probably not going to bother apple over it.

My powerbook G4 (still my main computer at home!) battery was one of the ones which got replaced due to the fire risk, I however never bothered to send the other battery back to apple. Infact I never actually unpacked the battery, it sat in the box from apple for about a year!

I then had to take a trip to Australia and QF specifically stated that dell or apple computers with affected batteries could not be operated inflight, so I figured now was the time to dig out the new battery.

I was amazed at the leap in battery life when I switched over to it! I think because the battery life had diminished slowly over a long period that I never noticed it.

However, it keeps plodding along and the powerbook still does everything I need it to do. I suspect I won't need to update until the PPC of obsoleted by the version of OS X that no longer supports that architecture.

Adrian