So I have my music collection on an external NTFS volume connected to my Slim Center (music server) machine.

On my Mac I have some NTFS driver installed so that I can write to NTFS volumes, because Mac OS natively supports reading only.

I just noticed that I cannot see all my files/folders when the drive is connected to my Mac. Based on one folder and its contents so far, it looks like the Mac is not seeing anything that's using 8.3 filenames. Example below...

In Windows Explorer I see the following path/filename when browsing:
S:\Master Music Collection\Music Library\Artists M-Z\Susana Félix\2007 - Pulsação\Susana Félix - Pulsação - 05 - Flutuo.mp3

In Slim Center if I navigate to that track and check its information, the path displayed is:
S:\Master Music Collection\Music Library\Artists M-Z\Susana Félix\2007-P~1\SU69A1~1.MP3

When I check other album folders for the same artist in Slim Center, they do not appear in the 8.3 format and they DO show up properly on the Mac.

There are about 200-250 folders currently missing when I view that drive on my Mac, but I don't know what they are yet. Is there a tool somewhere that will identify folders/files using this type of filename and optionally rename them to their full filename equivalents?

I believe this filename issue was caused by that POS software Songbird and its Lyrics plugin. It also changed the Genre on a ton of my tracks to ID3v1 numerical values.