Originally Posted By: matthew_k
In my experience, it could do everything I thought it should, but figuring out how was not obvious. (though of course I thought it should do QOS too, but I knew it didn't)

I think most of this stems from their attempt to present this technology to the masses, where other companies haven't spent much time at all on their UIs and had, at least in the past, based their terminology directly on what a network engineer might expect.

I've always gone with Linksys routers for the ability to use third-party firmware which has always been better presented and more fully-featured than Linksys' own. Tomato IMO has been the best of the lot, in part because of its simple, staraight-forward and well organized layout.

I hear you loud and clear on QoS. Especially when there are open solutions to QoS, you'd expect the feature to turn up in the product. I'm going to give it a shot with everything connected to the Airport though. Perhaps Apple are doing some automatic QoS under the hood that they just don't mention.

I won't hold my breath of course, because this would be a good marketing feature if it was in place.