Having lived with the Harmony One for a while now, I thought I'd post a quick follow up.

It's the best, most useful remote I've ever owned. It works better with all of my A/V gear than any of the other universal remotes I've used. It's far more programmable than any other remote I've tried, and once I've wrapped my brain around the pain-in-the-ass PC programming software, I can really make it do anything under the sun. And it's *fast*, faster than any universal remote I've ever owned, its macros execute quickly and reliably.

There are some who say the concept of "Activities" isn't as useful as the old standard concept of "Macros". Bah, I say. The activities thing is brilliant. Now that I've got the thing programmed right, it's so user-friendly that I don't need to tell anyone anything about how to use it. It's entirely self-sufficient. Just leave it on the coffee table and anyone can walk in and control any one of my ten pieces of A/V gear without blinking. You don't even have to know how to choose an activity... pick the thing up and the motion sensor turns on the bright colored touchscreen with the activities clearly listed.

On the programming side, there's room to do anything I want, including adding extra idiot-proofing and fault tolerance in the activities. I've even figured out how to put little text messages on the screen for certain activities, by making extra "buttons" that say things like: "Pick up the" "black PS3 controller" "and press the" "center P button".

If only they could make that PC software better. *sigh*.