Originally Posted By: tfabris
There are some who say the concept of "Activities" isn't as useful as the old standard concept of "Macros". Bah, I say. The activities thing is brilliant. Now that I've got the thing programmed right, it's so user-friendly that I don't need to tell anyone anything about how to use it.

I'm not sure I understand, because I only owned a Harmony remote for a few days, but I'm not sure what you can do with "Activities" that you can't do with macros. The way you've described your One is exactly how I've programmed my Pronto. I never had to explain to my wife how to use it, because when you pick it up, all you see are three options: Tivo, DVD, and Power Off. Pressing any of those takes you to the controls for that device, and there's always a clear option that will take you back to that home screen from any other screen. That's pretty much what "Activities" do, right?

Plus, I can go as far as to create hex codes in order to assign discrete codes that will guarantee that nobody will ever see that dreaded troubleshooting screen. This is the #1 thing that made me return my Harmony.