Originally Posted By: wfaulk
But they still fail to offer a docking station. If they did, I would have pushed really hard for my office to standardize on Apple laptops, but without a docking station, I simply can't do it. And I'm far from the only IT guy with that opinion.

Apple Docking Station. I have to admit, I'm really surprised to hear that the main holdup from doing a major platform shift to OS X is due to the inability to slide a laptop into some contraption to avoid hooking cables up or using wireless devices.

Or were you planning on using Windows only on the standardized Apple laptops?

Much like removable batteries, very few people have a true need for a dock. I think what Bruno was trying to say is that Apple targets the widest market they can with the smallest lineup of products. This is likely due to the disaster that Apple was in the 90s with tons of products with no clear indication what each product was good for.

Quote:
While I'm complaining, they really should have put a MagSafe port on both sides of the laptops.

I don't have a great grasp of electrical engineering, but this screams bad idea to me. I can't think of a single product that offers multiple power plugs to be plugged in, unless it is for redundancy and connected to independent power supplies. I could see wanting ports on both sides, but by the time you satisfy everyone, you have duplicated every port.