You've been relatively lucky, while most of my Nokia's have been reliable, the same cannot be said for my other phones. I had 6 Motorola StarTac's before Orange gave up and supplied me with another model. I had 3 or 4 T68i's which had various crashing and hanging up problems. I'm currently on my 3rd work phone (HTC Kaiser) because one overheated, and the other could no longer read SD cards that were inserted. Even my brand new HTC Touch HD was replaced after two days because of a faulty speaker. I also know of two people who bought iPhones brand new and had them replaced within weeks because of issues. Last time I checked, you couldn't fix a non-functional accelerometer with superglue.

If I'd bought any one of those phones off ebay I'd have been screwed. I have phone insurance but I get that for free because I've been with Orange for nearly 13 years now. But given my experience with various phones, I'd still happily pay for it if I didn't get it free.

I used my N95 for nearly 2.5 years before I swapped it, it still works now, but as you can see there were plenty of phones that didn't last nearly as long.....

I should point out that bought my current TV from John Lewis because it had a 5 Year warranty even though the TV it replaced is still going strong at a cow orker's house. Maybe I'm just paranoid. But I've been bitten in the ass by technology failing just outside the warranty period too many times to think it's an acceptable risk anymore. I fully expect this TV to expire in one way or another before the extended warranty period is up.

Andy M