You've made that bogus argument before, Tom. Just because you might not find it useful doesn't mean other people don't.

Ignoring the wires trailing all over the place, I can't spend $900 for a "docking station", especially where most of the cost is something I already have and would have to get rid of. Not to mention the fact that it still won't allow me to have multiple monitors. (And, no, the laptop screen is not enough.)

With the systems I have now, when the laptop is docked, I get two 1600x1200 or 1920x1200 screens via DVI or DisplayPort, gigabit ethernet, a number of USB ports, and power, and less significantly, serial, parallel, PS/2, a VGA output, and, I believe, an eSATA port. All by simply setting the laptop down.

And, yes, dual monitors is significant. And twenty times the bandwidth. And not having to constantly plug and unplug, considering my users carry them around the office all the time.

And I don't know what we might do if we went to Apple hardware. Because there's not any point in even bringing it up without it meeting certain requirements.