Originally Posted By: drakino
iPhone 4, quad band HSDPA/HSUPA, interesting... no mention of what frequencies, but maybe this means T-Mobile coming soon.

That's really the only other possibility, isn't it? I've listened to several podcasts in the last week, and was astonished by what sounded like an assumption that Jobs would announce a partnership with another carrier today. What amazed me even more was that T-Mobile, which is at least another GSM carrier, wasn't even mentioned as a possibility. Personally, I don't think Apple will EVER release a CDMA iPhone in the US. Like others have said here, they'll wait to see how 4G shakes out.

I tend to think it's a little unlikely that the iPhone will show up on T-Mobile either. Aren't there any other countries that use T-Mobile's 3G frequencies, though? Perhaps that's why they're adding those to the radio.

ps-oh, and I totally called it that it wouldn't be the iPhone 4G. There was no way Apple would release a 4G phone, so calling it that would have been a disaster. Frankly, looking at the pace of 4G rollout in the US, and the power issues it causes, I'd be surprised if the iPhone 5 was a 4G phone.