I hate to bicker, but I can't find a phone from anyone else, that's currently or has been in the past, shipping, that offers built-in video chat. Admittedly I only did a few Google searches. I did turn up some software hacks and perhaps one web service.

A couple of weeks ago people were proclaiming that the EVO was the first phone to make video chat possible. But there's no such feature built-in. There's a commercial solution (supposedly) from Qik, but I also haven't seen anyone mention getting it to work.

The iPhone 4 has started to ship and it's the first mobile that I've ever heard of, or that I can bring up Google results for, that comes with built-in video chat of any kind. Bonus that it uses a front facing camera so that you can actually frame yourself and use the handset while chatting.

Apple software and the iPhone are always going to have any number of issues, quirks and simply me missing stuff one would hope they should already have (including some polish in a number of areas). But they're always going to be better than everything from Nokia, HTC or Google. That's simply not going to change for today and I frankly don't see it changing until perhaps a decade or two after Steve Jobs dies. wink

I just wish the best of the worst really turned my crank. wink