Yeah, either way it would have to go through a DSP, so I guess that would have all the outputs? Maybe that solves all the problems. And Playstation 2 would be a pretty good idea since it can play DVDs as well, a small problem though if that is the source of your DVD player is that the people in the back would have to agree on whether they wanted to play playstation or watch a dvd, although I guess if it's only gonna be used for while I'm driving most of my drives aren't long enough for a movie. The one advantage I was thinking about the divx or in this case probably svcd would suffice on the empeg is for music videos. That way the driver can still hear the music as opposed to a DVD where just listening to a movie isn't too great, and the passengers can watch the music video. Because I have a whole archive of music videos on my computer.
Also going back to my first question, would a 1/2 DIN equalizer with HiVoltage outputs, output what it's rated at (lets say 5 volts) or would it be limited to the voltage inputted into it?