Originally Posted By: drakino
Originally Posted By: DWallach
Whatever happens, please don't split "off topic" (or whatever it's called tomorrow) into sub-forums.

After digging back, I'm much more against this idea then where I stood when I initially posted that suggestion. Separating tech from non tech would likely just lead to one very used subforum, and one mostly idle one. Even applied historically, this would be mostly true.

I agree that splitting Off Topic would be a bad idea. There are so few discussions occurring that putting them in different shoeboxes would just be annoying and possibly choke discussion further.

Also, the discussions in any given thread tend not to stick with the title of the thread and can range and roam quite dramatically. For example:
Originally Posted By: canuckInOR
On a similar note, I've decided that the variety of music contained within the SXSW torrents has markedly decreased, as well. The most recent collection has been bland indie-rock, whereas the earlier collections, though still containing a significant amount of same, had a greater range of styles present, and were more enjoyable.

This could lead us off on a nice discussion about SXSW or other festivals and venues or free eclectic compilations. Who knows?

I've missed out on several interesting discussions because I haven't been interested in the original topic. Samsung pad? meh. Obviously something was going on in that thread, though, to have such a deep effect on the BBS.

Perhaps we should attempt to branch 'off-thread' posts out into new threads to encourage more interaction with each actual topic.