Back to Fios for a moment:

I just finished setting up a brand new wireless router. I went with a Netgear N750 because it seemed to have pretty much everything.

The problem came when I tried to hook it all up. I already knew it was a challenge to connect my own router to Fios, and I knew I'd receive little to no support from phone support, but it ended up being a much more difficult process than I'd anticipated, and I have no less than three devices involved in getting internet to my computers.

First, I have the VDSL modem that baffles 95% of Fios phone support technicians. Then I have the Actiontec router, for which I eventually read how to put it in bridge mode, which was a little tricky but thankfully did the job. At the end I have the Netgear.

It was a PITA, but it was worth it. The Netgear is fantastic, and every computer in my home is getting 20Mbps or more to the net. I'll be testing computer to computer speeds at some point, but for now I'm just glad it's working and it's time for some well-earned dinner smile