Originally Posted By: drakino
Space Marines, I watched others play for a while, and it's looking decent. Probably a solid 80+ review score, but thats hard to really gauge from the short floor demos. If you enjoyed the Gears of War style gameplay, Space Marines will probably appeal to you.

Gears of War was ok, it had a lot of cool effects. I think I didn't play it very much because I really can't stand console controllers and memorizing the buttons needed for all the actions is problematic for me. If there was a keyboard/mouse setup, I probably would've played it through. Off topic, I canceled my pre-order of Dungeon Siege III yesterday after playing the demo they just released. Dear Devs, if you are going to make a console game and port it to the PC, at least desuckify the controls and UI to take advantage of the mouse/keyboard and monitors.

I think even if the game wasn't that great, I'd enjoy the story. I loved Shadow of the Horned Rat and couldn't even tell you how the gameplay was, I kept playing it because I just love the Warhammer universe and am starting to get that way with 40k also.

Originally Posted By: drakino
NCSoft no longer attends E3, so no Guild Wars 2 info at the show. This was the biggest difference I noticed with E3 this year compared to my past years of attending (2000-2006). There were many companies just not there, to the point the 3rd hall wasn't even open. I think more and more companies no longer see the usefulness of participating in an ESA trade show when they can control their own marketing message on their own time table just as well in the modern internet age.

That is disappointing, but it makes sense. No use spending money that you don't need to spend, especially when the hype machine (especially for games like GW2 which promise to 'change the genre') is in full effect.