I did pick up a WiiU about a week ago, and tossed my "Nintendo ID" up top in the thread. (just a username now, thankfully).

Anyone else have one? I've been enjoying the multiplayer New Super Mario Bros U game, and have migrated over all my old Wii content so far. Picked up the 32GB black deluxe unit, which also comes with Nintendo Land, and a copy of Darksiders II.

Mario in "2D" at 1080p looks great, and the game mechanics are fun. Fir single player you can just use the WiiU controller, and play without the TV if desired, as it doesn't use the extra screen for anything unique.

Nintendo Land is a bunch of mini games that show off the possibilities of the controller. Some use the WiiU controller to conceal information from other players.

Darksiders II plays nearly identically to the other 3 platforms it shipped on, with one difference. The inventory is on the touchscreen and allows players to swap in or use items without stoping gameplay. It was fun watching the game come together on the platform and I'm glad it was a launch title.

One neat feature is that the WiiU controller has a universal TV remote function built into it, and it works without the WiiU console being on. This came in handy when I scavenged batteries for the Wii remotes smile Sadly it's just a basic remote control, but Nintendo has the ability to update it in time, and it could become an interesting way to compete with the Harmony and other similar all in one remotes.