I just got back into town this morning from Las Vegas. So please bear with me as this isn't going to be the most reasoned post in the world. Also, if you are under the age of consent for your various origins, please stop reading now.

Ok, now that THAT obviously didn't work.

Sunday Night, 10Pm Vegas time, Luxor Hotel.

Blue Man Group. Quite simply the BEST show I think that I have ever seen. I went into this with very high expectations based on other peoples comments. Those were blown out the door within the first 10 minutes. At 11 minutes, I KNEW I was buying the CD. (and as it turns out, the DVD).

The remainder of the show got exponentially better per five minute segment.

So, how does this relate to Empeg? The previously mentioned CD, which was ripped on my laptop on the plane trip back. It SO sucks that I couldn't upload directly into the empeg at the valet lot (plus, being 4am, I was a bit tired). But I digress.... more.

There are quite a bit of low freq. sections on this cd, that REALLY made me appreciate both the Empeg and my sound system. I knew I had put a good sub and amp system in place, but I was simply unprepared for the subsonics that came out of some of these tracks. I swear I can feel the sine wave around 20 hz crawl from the back of my neck down to my calves. Now, I'm admittedly a low Freq fanatic, (witness purchasing the hottest version of the 1812 simply for the cannon blasts... well, and it's a great piece ), but this was simply orgasmic.

Back to the point... In an earlier thread, someone mentioned wondering why you would have more than 2 channels in audio, ala Dolby Surround sound. The DVD I purchased is 5.1 DTS. I'm doing my damnest to figure out a GOOD way to get a DTS decoder and implement this for the car. If ever there was a need for this type of implementation in the empeg, I've found it.

ah.... Thanks for listening... Now, I'm off to 'impart' this madness to all my co-workers...