In reply to:

a) I agree with you that BMG rocks! We have a production here in Boston and I was blown away by it and purchases Audio soon afterwards.
b) DVD? What is on the DVD and what is it called?
c) You can actually impliment 5.1, 6.1, and 7.1 systems in your car if you have an ampliphier that supports it. I remember reading in one of the car audio magazines about installers setting up 5.1 and 6.1 systems for the DVD playback head units. If you look online I am sure you could find a schematic to set one up iun your car if you were so inclined.
d) My home theater system still has RCA jacks to support the 5.1 signal. I am not sure if MP3 as a format would save that low level or suround information in the channel but I would think that if it did, the empeg would shoot it out of it's RCA jacks. I don't know if it does tho. Thoughts?

a) I was told that it did. I simply didn't know. I honestly don't think that it's possible to really know without experiencing it... 10 minutes into the show, I KNEW I was purchasing the disc.

b) The DVD is Audio as well. It's a dual sided disk, Side A is DVD-Video (format), Side B is DVD-Audio (which is impressive as the standard was JUST finished) The DVD-Video part of it is NOT a video, it's just the audio tracks from the CD, mastered into 5.1 DTS It also has an interview, and some promotional stuff, but the meat of it is the audio. While the music is playing, it appears that stills from the show are put on the screen as a sort of storyboard (very sketchy, however)

To Quote :
THIS IS NOT A VIDEO. This is a surround mix of Blue Man Group's CD, Audio. It is meant to be played on 5.1 Surround Sound DVD Entertainment Systems. Although it does contain photos and a small amount of interview footage, this DVD is meant to be used primarily as a listening experience. The music has been mixed to take full advantage of the 5.1 surround sound format.

It does have an additional track that's not on the CD.

c) Oh, I KNOW I CAN... But doing it well, that's another story... Plus the fact that my car isn't the most spacious (Acura Integra GSR), added with the customizations to get the sound that I have now... I only gave up my spare tire (road side assistance rocks) and about an inch of height space in the hatch, completely stealth install, minus the empeg, Adding the dvd parts would just about destroy the idea of stealth here, not to mention I'm not sure I've got the space, cooling, or power to run them (The GSR's battery is NOT much more than a motorcycle battery... and the Alt. ain't much better.)

d) MP3 would NOT save the information from a 5.1 source. I know that. The low levels, It certainly seems to. I thought that the format itself cut off at 20 Hz, but I'll be damned if I'm not getting lower than that... Maybe it's just the harmonics in the car.

I have no illusions of the Empeg being able to do this.... But damn it would be cool if it did.