Originally Posted By: hybrid8
A popular shortcut mod (if any can be considered "popular" ) is to re-assign the CAPS LOCK key as CTRL. Then it's quite easy to hit it with a pinky.

I can definitely see doing that. It'll definitely take retraining, though, and that's what I'm trying to avoid in the first place.

Quote:
I don't use CTRL-Tab to switch between tabs, but I just might now. I've always used shift-command-] and [ to move right and left through tabs. But that takes two hands.

It also takes three keys instead of two, but it does make it possible to go right to left instead of just left to right, however, I can still do that by using ctrl+pgup/down, which again uses the ctrl key as the major modifier.

Let me clean my argument up a little. Here's three activities:

-switch tabs
-skip from word to word
-copy and paste

I do these three things in equal amounts all day long. In OSX, I'm going to have to get used to using the ctrl, option, and command keys, respectively. In Windows, I just need ctrl.

That's the irritation I have. The rest of it is just getting used to something being done differently (I can get used to command+tab for app switching, for example).

I also want to reiterate that I like a lot of OSX. I don't want to put people here on the defensive, it's just unfortunate that it's easier for us as people to go online and complain or seek help than it is to praise. I'll try to make a special effort to note things I like about using this operating system while I'm going through this, so I can post about them and not anger the Apple faithful as much smile