I know you were asking Caleb, but from my perspective, using the empeg as an aux device means it's basically just an iPod with a much better UI. The empeg as a head unit lets me do everything (MP3, AM/FM, and in my setup, XM and my cell phone on the AUX input) with the same controls, the same interface, etc. I know there are drawbacks (no Bluetooth phone integration, hassle integrating steering wheel controls, forced to multiplex the aux input, etc.) and maybe part of it is not wanting to let go of the empeg as the centerpiece of my system... But I really question whether I'll want to go through the expense and hassle of integrating it if it's just going to be serving MP3s only -- at that point I may as well just use my phone as an aux device -- then I don't have to install the wifi router to be able to sync my collection, I can just use Google Music on my phone.

I guess it boils down to "go big or go home." The point at which the empeg is just a big hard drive with an RCA output is the point at which I question whether it's worth tearing up a new car to install. frown