I have the new car now. There's really nowhere I could put the display extender face that wouldn't look terrible or be hard to reach, so I think at this point my only hope is a "headless" sort of install where I stash the empeg in the glove box, use my cell phone as a display for it, and use.... something to control it, either the cell phone or steering wheel controls.

The problem is I can't find anything that integrates the steering wheel controls for 2012 Chrysler vehicles, and even if I do, I also need them to work with the factory system, so it would have to vary what the controls do based on which input is selected on the stock head unit or the empeg (depending on which is the head unit and which is the aux) and I don't see that as a likely outcome.

There's always the possibility of some sort of IR steering wheel remote like I had in my old car, along with an IR repeater that runs into the glove box, but that's really hackish and requires me to fiddle with two sets of steering wheel controls. I also don't like the idea of having to use a smallish cell phone screen to control the empeg.

I'm going to ask my local stereo installer if they have any ideas, but right now my thought is if I can't get the steering wheel controls to work with the empeg and the factory system, I'm probably going to be sans-empeg in this car. frown