Yeah, normally I'd be with you -- after all, I went through the trouble of installing a wifi router in the trunk, integrating the tuner module, an XM receiver and an AUX-in multiplexer, etc. and would gladly do the same in the new car if I thought it would work well with the factory system. But because there's no room in the dash on the new car, it'll mean shelling out $400ish on a display extender, mounting the empeg in the glove box, and finding a place to mount the external display. Then who knows if I can integrate the steering wheel controls without interrupting their connection to the OEM system.

Don't get me wrong. I can't count the number of things I would miss about the empeg if I used some other solution for MP3s in my car -- I was strongly considering getting a used car instead just so I could keep the status quo -- but if I do that, I'm really just putting off the inevitable. And I'm not ruling out going the aux-in route when/if I trade my car in... But the list of pros and cons is starting to become much more even than it used to be, and that makes me rather sad.