Ok, while Amazon's customer service is not PayPal-bad, I've only had bad experiences with them and my brother even worse. Every case was due to returns and happened before Amazon Canada started shipping consumer electronics.

I had order stuff to ship to Canada from them and stuff to ship to the US (depending on the product and their policies). Over the course of a single year I had to return a few things, so let's say it was 4 returns. Always because the products were defective. When I finally got pissed off at them was when they told me that I'd already returned to many items and they were cutting me off, no more returns, PERIOD. I had to call my credit card company to issue a charge-back to get my money. I would have been happy with a replacement product but they would do neither. Pretty much all communication had been over the phone.

Maybe they've changed or turned over a new leaf since then, but I haven't heard about it. They really like to give non-answers and might be trouble free the first time, but after that they're going to push you out to sea.

Now on to the web site...

It's confusing as hell, bad layout, stuff all over the place, every square millimiter of the page occupied. You get multiple results for the same product, prices are constantly changing, you're presented with adds and other upgrades at various points in the order process and it takes way too much clicking to check out even when you have an account and card on file in my experience. I've never seen this "one click" thing they'v supposedly got patented. Try ordering from Monoprice or Apple or my site sometime for a completely different experience. Amazon is just badly done.

Honestly, a lot of times I just search using Google and go to Amazon pages directly from there. That doesn't help with the check-out process though. Yes, they have a tremendous amount of different products and it's hard to keep so many SKUs organized within a single store, but seriously, they can start by redesigning the web site's layout which will go a long way.

Edited by hybrid8 (05/10/2012 11:59)