If you previously had a gigabit switch and also had some file transfer benchmarks you might see if this new switch behaves any differently. Results are more relevant if you were already pushing some high numbers before like with a NAS. On the ReadyNAS forum for instance, some customers have had varying results with different model switches from different manufacturers.

If you have a supposed problematic device that does a lot of unnecessary broadcasts like the Boxee Box hooked up, can you report if there are any issues on your network that might not have been there before? Again, on their forums, some customers have seen any number of devices on their networks reacting poorly to all these queries/broadcasts from Boxee Box.

My main switch is already GigE, but it's only got 8 ports. This means that I have a few network jacks around the house that currently have no connectivity. smile Since I'll be adding more this week getting this switch now would be super convenient. I'm moving my office to a different room and adding new port location in master bedroom for a new SageTV extender location. I just have to figure out how to drop the cable from a hole in the mirror in the ceiling. wink Kidding.