Originally Posted By: Dignan

I'll answer anyway: you didn't actually read Rob's post or my post where we mentioned it for you :p

Mainly, I meant, why didn't I know about this BEFORE. Like when I did the Prime try-out for a month. Or when I knew my brother was a Prime member.

And then I did quickly read Rob's post but it didn't click that it applied to family members outside the same house, let alone that they didn't need to have the same last name - I didn't click on the link obviously. wink

Quote:

Bruno, I really don't think your experience with Amazon is the typical one, however, I can't comment on what the experience is like in Canada.

This was all with Amazon US and with shipping to the US. But like I said, Amazon has grown since I had these issues and perhaps they've cleaned it all up. It's been over 5 years since it happened, and I stayed away from Amazon for a long time. I haven't had to use their customer support since that time and since most of my orders are typically from third-parties through Amazon, I've dealt with those parties directly.

I'm always willing to give a company the benefit of the doubt especially if it's clear that the issues are caused by a lone gunman at their support desk. But my experience involved at least a couple of people (probably 3).

The support contact I've had with Monoprice seemed a lot more personal and personable, which could very well be because of their smaller size. And that they don't run their shop like a slave labor camp. wink

Edited by hybrid8 (05/10/2012 14:42)