So, I bought the necessary timing components that I needed to replace on the motor. Includes all three chains, and all three sets of guides and tensioners. I had an issue where I was sent only 7 of 8 required special shouldered bolts to mount the new wearables. Of course they didn't match the factory hardware, so I had to swap the plastic wearable from the new aluminum guides to the old guides and then I could use two old bolts to hold the old guides with new wearable. Problem solving.

Here's stripped down:

New parts installed, cylinder 1 at top dead center, timing marks all aligned. Hopefully it works when I fire it?

I'm having issues with the new chuck in my lathe spinning with like .015" runout. Fully unacceptable, even by my standards. I need to spend some time on figuring out what I've done wrong there. I don't think it's the spindle bearings, as I can [quite forcefully] wiggle the spindle and not feel any movement. I've now got a new set of sharp carbide cutters along with a tool holder mounted dial indicator to check runout. Anyway; I didn't get a good picture of this setup, so I'll try to remember this weekend while I'm sorting out the massive runout issue.

The whole reason I mention the lathe is because it's crucial to my custom fuel rails. I bought the pressure regulator; complete with input and return fittings, the pressure transducer for my fuel pressure gauge, a vacuum nipple for intake vacuum reference and a -8AN coupler to attach to the rail itself. Just need to make some fittings with the lathe and weld 'em all together.

I also got a 5-channel amplifier to tie all of the audio together. The very last part I needed to buy for audio. I hope to get a sub box together this Friday. We'll see, though. Here's the amp on my desk:

First impressions are great for this little guy. It's kind of heavy (good) at 7.5 pounds or so, and it's built on a very sturdy chassis. Good specs on it, too. It's a tiny little Class D 5-channel capable of 70w RMS for the four main channels at 4-ohm and 220w RMS for a 4-ohm sub. Not too shabby. Plus, it's got a high-pass filter on one pair of channels that runs up to 4kHz, and a selectable band-pass for the other two main channels from 40Hz-4kHz. It's designed to run a two-way active setup with a sub. It's perfect. And it was only $225 shipped, no tax. I'll let you know how it sounds, hopefully this weekend.