Anybody still following along?

Well, I completely finished the audio install while waiting for drivetrain parts.

Here's the teeny-tiny little box I made out of 3/4" MDF for the beefy little 8" sub. The amp mounts to the side of the box for a nice little package.

After I built the box, I mocked up some mounts out of cardboard while in the car and then I made them out of 1/8" steel. I did this before mounting the amp and sub.

Cardboard to steel:

Early on during the install I realized that I'd have to pull the dash after all. Oh well. It went back in easy enough. Ten minutes to pull it out, fifteen to put it back in. Not bad.

Then I put the whole thing back together with a little DynaMat at strategic places to prevent rattling and nasty resonance. Then I tuned it with the 'peg. I'm running a Eutronix sound card feeding a Fiio DAC via digi coax. The analog outs from the DAC go directly into the 5-channel NVX set up for 2-channel active mode. It sounds wonderful, and that's just off of the battery, probably around 12.6V or so. Can't wait to see what it does around 14V when the motor is running.

I'm really almost there, ladies and gents. It's only been ten years. I've ordered pretty much the rest of the parts I need save for headlights, so watch for shifter cable installation, fuel rail fabrication and finally, motor reinstallation. I've also got to make a center console of some sort. ...so that might be fun. Hah.

Edited by FieroSTi (10/03/2016 04:55)