Originally Posted By: tfabris
Originally Posted By: K447
The only reason I have not switched to Anker was a few online reports that sometimes the Anker car charger would not properly charge an iDevice unless the USB cord was removed and reconnected. I really want the full 2.4 Amp charging to work reliably with my iPhone and iPad.

I haven't had that issue, and I'd know: My charger is mounted inside the dashboard and the cable runs to my custom dash mount for my iPhone. So if it's not charging I can't get to the thing to unplug it. (Though I could remove the phone from the mount and re-insert it if I had to. I haven't had to.)

In all fairness though, I haven't tried to use an iPad with the thing. I've only used it to charge my 6s Plus.
I don't have the source links at hand, my recollection was that the iDevice would still charge with the Anker car charger, but not necessarily at the maximum 10 or 12 watt charge rate.

An iPhone will show the same battery lightning bolt symbol regardless of what wattage it thinks the charger is capable of, as long as it perceives something usable. The actual charge rate is not exposed.

As posted elsewhere my own car has a problem (due to factors other than the USB charger) that limits one of my iPhones to only 2.5 watts of charge rate while the other iPhone mount in the same car allows the full 2.4 amps to flow. Both iPhones look the same when charging but one charges four times faster than the other.

I know my iPads will show a Not Charging indicator if the USB power source is providing less power than the iPad needs to operate, but I don't think the iPhone has anything similar.

Edited by K447 (18/08/2016 12:53)