Andy, I completely agree with you about Bluetooth in general. My two least favorite parts of all consumer electronics are Bluetooth and printers. They're the worst.

For many, Bluetooth works great. I wish I were in that camp. After dealing with dozens of Bluetooth devices over the years, I've had maybe two instances where both my device and the accessory worked well every time. I can't even remember those because the bad ones drown them out.

Even now, I use this device to connect my phone to my car stereo. It works well for the most part, and audio almost always connects, but the playback controls fail to elicit a response all the time. I'd say they work maybe %60 of the time, which just isn't good enough.

And, sadly, as much as I love the Anker Sport speaker I was just talking up earlier in this thread, it too was giving me problems yesterday. It was constantly cutting in and out. It would do this weird thing where it would cut out for a second, then when it came back it would play the music really fast like it was trying to catch up. Like it finally received the packets it was expecting and now it knew it had to play them really quickly or it would be behind in the song. The problem, as ever, is that I can't tell if the problem is with the speaker, the phone, or Google Music. The exact same setup worked perfectly fine at the beach. The only difference was that I wasn't on WiFi. Maybe I'll try switching to cellular today and see if that works better.

Anyway, Bluetooth sucks.