Is a CF and IDE adapter still the recommended way to go? I have a spare 60G SSD (SATA) and an IDE adapter I had been considering swapping in, but after finding this thread it sounds like picking up a 128G CF and an adapter might be a less problematic solution. I would have already tried the SSD, though I misplaced my null modem cable in my move west, so now waiting for one of those to be delivered, so reading while I wait and wondering if I need more items to make this a success. This is what I'm considering:

SanDisk Extreme 128GB CF (SDCFXS-128G-A46)

and then either,
This adapter with straight thru IDE header
or
This adapter with up turned IDE header

Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Goal is to maximize space and then never have to mess with storage again. I like that the second adapter has mounting holes that perhaps could be used for securing it, but wasn't sure if the orientation of the header would be an issue. I have some 3M VHB tape which should work for mounting either.

UPDATE: Third choice for adapter (as mentioned earlier). Has this one been confirmed to work well? <-- Looks like Tony is already confirming he has this and it works, so I'm leaning toward getting this one and a single 128GB SanDisk CF.
Dual CF to IDE adapter

Edited by MMorrow (26/04/2022 04:54)