I like it! It looks like a unit that will sell well with average people. And it has backlit buttons

It mentions an auto eq feature. I wanted to point out that PaulWay on this board was considering building a DSP system which can be read about in the Projects section. I have also considered doing an auto eq specifically for the empeg which played MP3 tones, chirps, etc. through the empeg. The DSP would then send commands (serial or IR) back to change the empeg eq automatically.

I would definitely enjoy a brighter display. Is the OEL sunlight readable? One other empeg project that I am working on is a display interpreter. Takes the commands/data sent to the EL display controller and converts them to VGA or NTSC (TV). A much better way to go than my other TV output device which had serious drawbacks. Also, leaves lower half of screen for a cool spectrum analyzer.

I agree, Pioneers product is serious competition and I think empeg/Sonic Blue should keep one step ahead by blowing them away with features. (Voice Recog. is a good start)

Alex Lear