most people call me nuts when I show them the empeg and tell them what ive paid for. or they say nothing and turn around and grin or shake head. so most people think it look scheap and not worth the price. but most people wouldnt have the money to buy one, and what people cant afford (?)they normally speak bad about. i think it looks quit good in the car although more buttons and more backlight would make it look moore attractive.

I would still prefer a 'Pioneer' or similar designed 'non-prototype-look' (just what I think it looks like) unit better and will probably go away from empeg since I don't do much more with it than listening to music, I also do not have much of a need for a great management software. Best would be just to have the unti to be mountable as a USB HDD (like the Archos) so I can just stick files in directories and play them. But since the easiest for some reason is not what developers think people like, I have to live with something like emplode which I personally never liked at all.

However, things will probably become more complicated with things like the Pioneer, don't know. They will for sure become cheaper.

BTW, I have read that it will N O T be possible to stick a CD in the Pioneer and copy it to the HDD. I have heared that music can only be transferred to the HDD using the stick. Anyone else heared that ??

If this is true, the device will be uninteresting.