I don't know what car you have, but what's the point of having this much bhp in a country where you can't even closely get to the car's top speed on public roads?

Because there is SO much more to performance than what number your speedometer needle can point to.

Acceleration, braking, handling, cornering ability... the ability to effortlessly pass another car on a two lane road, not by mashing down on the gas pedal but by just thinking about pressing the tiniest bit more with your right foot... the ability to drive on Highway One in California, as fast as you have the courage to drive and still not be over the speed limit...

I have (in addition to my empeg-equipped station wagon) a Porsche 930 Turbo. I have enjoyed the performance of this car immensely, but rarely have I felt the need to exceed the posted speed limits. Well, all right... a few times, maybe. Maybe more than a few. OK, damn it, the car goes like a sonofabitch and it's hard to keep my foot out of the gas. Are you satisfied?

But you don't have to travel at blinding speeds to enjoy performance. As any true car buff can tell you, it is a lot more fun to drive a slow car fast than it is to drive a fast car slow. I'd much rather drive a Miata up Highway One than drive a Ferrari or Lamborghini on the Autobahn.

tanstaafl.

"There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch"