But best of all is still to just keep the music collection on the host system in the first place, and backup the playlists from Emplode (can it re-import CSV playlists?). But as folks customize their players more and more, a full filesystem backup (with increments) begins to look better..

This is exactly what I want. My main priority would be a system for backing up the playlist and preference structures and not the actual music. It's easy enough to FTP the music if you need to. I keep a copy of all my tagged MP3 files on a 60GB desktop drive - but custom edits to playlists in emplode can take a long time to duplicate. And that's provided you can even rememeber exactly how you had everything set up to begin with.

Emplode cannot currently (as of B3) import CSV (from what I've seen in the program and read online).

My ideal solution would be a local/remote sync operation that would allow you to have two copies of your music (and database) - one on the empeg and the other on whatever computer. Hopefulyl being able to run emplode without the empeg, making changes and saving them for a later sync operation. At the same time I would love for emplode to support modifying ID3 tags - it offers batch capabilities with its soup and playlist views that simply are impractical or not available with any other software I've tried.

Currently any changes I make in emplode to correct tags, I have to re-apply to my original MP3 files with Tag Studio or similar (and Tag studio, though it can do batch, only works with simple directory structures, it can't group files based on any internal tag criteria).

Bruno

Damn, I'm still at work and it's nearly 11pm... :)