The problem is you're trying to use this feature for working through deficiencies in your soundstaging. Either because of your vehicle ergonomics or possibly a bad installation or component selection. Unlike the original poster, I don't consider these tweaks to be "audiophile"

Regardless of delays, you will never have any control over instrument placement. You have two tracks to play with from the original source. Left and Right. With some devices you may be able to control front to back delays. That would give you quadrant control, but not instrument control.

In my installation, regardless of empeg functionality you also won't have any front to back control of any kind. I'm only using two channels out of the empeg. And I'm only using two channels out of my Clarion HU to my amp for the entire cabin.

Any delays or processing you implement is also going to completely ruin the sound for anyone sitting in your passenger seat.

If there's a priority list for features to be added (post 2.0) I really hope delays are very low (very very low) on the list. If you want something like this bad enough, introduce another device in your analog signal path to do it.

Bruno