I tried to, in fact I got my Sony 770 deck just because it could do this. Turns out the stupid thing is a "setting" and is not adjustable like my old 600dsp was.

I know the stage crashes for a passenger - I normally turn the effect off when someone else is in the car. However, 90+% of the time it's just me, and I like it.

I know that in a perfect install it wouldn't be necessary, but as much as I'd love to have perfect, I'm more bent on practical. Not everyone wants to make kickpanel speakers or other setups to minimize the pathlength difference. It's tools I don't have to build them, money I don't have to have them built for me, nor do I care to move my fuse box and the other items that are down there from the factory.

I guess it's just conflicting opinions. I admit it's a band-aid. My stereo sounds just fine without the delay. But I know it would sound even better if I could kick the left side out just a couple of milliseconds. If it's an easy programming option, I hope it does get done. Obviously I'm not the only one that would like to see it. I hope if it is easy, it doesn't get skipped to punish us for not having the dreamy installation that we'd all like to.

I'm extremely pleased with the empeg and all the work that's been done already, if I sound ungrateful or anything...

Edited by tracerbullet (09/02/2002 17:41)