Hmm.. I do have something some of you guys might not have. My empeg is always set at 0db and is being piped through my Clarion head unit. The output of the empeg sounds the same as that of teh Clarion CD with the exception of being slightly lower in volume. (and the voume might be closer now that I've adjusted the Clarion's AUX-IN sensitivity)

When using it at home with my integrated amp, it sounds pretty much like my CD player except not as loud (boosted voltage on the CD player most likely as Tony has also mentioned in another thread).

Right now the only thing I still want to check out is that sometimes I think I'm hearing an extra hiss ("s" sound) on some singer's words. I want to verify that it's the same when playing back from CD. It's mostly on songs that I haven't heard in a while so I can't remember if it was just that the singer had a bit of an extra lisp on those tracks

I also have to lower the gain on my rears - after playing with the L&R delay the rear seems too loud. The soundstage not only moved to the right, it's moved a bit back, so now it's like the singer's voice is coming from somewhere near the very back of my head (sometimes seems like it's around my nose. That's not too natural )

Bruno