>My kingdom for some basic bass and treble sliders!!

I also believe this would be very handy for many owners, I don't need it here, cuz my head unit has all of that + tuner + cd-player.

But this can be implemented in Hijack, if anyone wants to try it and send me patches. The approach is to implement tone controls internally as equalizer adjustments, using tonal curves in software.

In other words, when cranking up the "Bass", the software would actually raise the EQ levels for the lower frequencies, in the shape of some nice smooth curvy thing (rather than just spiking up one or two EQ bands in isolation).

Hijack could supply the user-interface (a popup slider or two), and maintain the adjustment amounts as offsets from the settings used by the player software. I'd have to find a place to store them, maybe steal some more flash, or take over a disk sector or two, but that's easy enough if/when the time comes.

So, if somebody wants to write a couple of nice little C routines, one to adjust "bass" and another for "treble", the perhaps this will go somewhere.

These routines would just take a +/- integer as input (0 == flat, + == more, - == less), and calculate how much +/- adjustment should be made to each EQ band, using an array of integers (one for each band) to indicate the adjustments.

Once those two routines exist, we/I/somebody then just hacks into the kernel sound driver to apply the offsets to the current EQ settings, maintaining them as the player software makes it's own adjustments (from the EQ menu.. possible to use both EQ and bass/treble at once).

But don't wait for me to do this (I don't need it, my head unit already has bass/treble popups).

-ml