Ok!

hijack233-basstreb.zimage is up. (Rightclick and save!)

This is a preliminary beta - and isn't fully functional. By that I mean that you're going to have to use the player's eq to initially set some values which the Hijack-menued Bass and Treble Adjustment need. Eventually I hope to get these values in config.ini and ignore the player supplied values completely, but I need to crack the internal format for them first. It also only works in 2x10 eq mode at the moment. (4x5 mode will have a funny effect - you'll get bass adjustment at the front and treble at the rear or vice-versa, I'm not sure which.)

Note that there are 2 complete sets of eq settings, one for DC mode and one for AC mode - so you need to set these values whilst in the mode that you intend to use (or both if that's what you need).

Set the ninth band of each channel to have dB=0, f=100Hz, q=0.2 and the tenth band to have dB=0, f=10KHz, q=0.2. I think there may be a bug in the players eq channel lock code so I'd do this with left/right channels unlocked. (I'm still looking into that.)

Exit from the eq menu, go into Hijack and test away
You can tweak the f and q values if you think that the ones I've provided don't suit your needs. Keep q small (under 0.3) so that the adjustment is smooth and wide across the frequeny range.

Any bass/treble level adjustment gets lost when the player is rebooted. (only the level, not the f and q settings).
The bass/treble will only work when the selected eq has the f and q values set appropriately in bands 9 & 10.

You should be able to set ir_translations to call these menus. Pseudo buttons are named "BassAdj" and "TrebleAdj".
You should also be able to do the other wonderful Hijack stuff with these: Remove from menu, add to Popup menus etc. This is untested, and any feedback on these is welcome..(especially feedback like "ir_translation works for Bass and Treble menus" )

I'm going to keep working on this to try and get those values in config.ini so we can ignore the players eq settings completely, see if we can store the levels over a reboot (is this important enough to warrant the flash usage?), and generally work it a bit more. Then I'll send Mark a patchfile

...and that beer will hopefully be gratefully accepted at the Boston Owners meet - it'll help offset the cost of buying Mark's!