There's still something quirky about the first satellite display jumping between two Svs for a while. But it appears to stabilize out

Got it, until there is a fix we don't have a valid gps time. fixed it.

Don't know why the elevation gives such a weird number, is it a reasonable value when you change to metric measurements?

I'm not sure how consistent the signal strength is. It looks like the range is typically 0-60, and scale it down to about 16 pixels. so each 10db would be about 2.5 pixels. I could draw a dim line every 5 pixels (20db). Yeah, that might look nice. btw. did I say how much I love vfdlib

ellweber: I noticed the unusually high hdop value on a trimble, but it quickly settles down as soon as we have a fix. I really need a linux kernel where usb-serial works again so I can look at some of these numbers with gdb.

Also the map scale could save a little space by showing the scale as the 32 pixel height of the screen and adding small serifs to the vertical line that separates the map from the text fields.

Must be my english, what are small serifs? Do you mean make the vertical scale marker a part of the vertical line between the map and text fields?
40GB - serial #40104051 gpsapp