In reply to:

im interested as well. writing the windows application to generate the wav files of your directory structure is the easy part and i think step 1. but interupting the basic function of the player to play these wav files might be difficult. isnt that stuff closed source? someone with experience might know. If this isnt and issue than i think we might have the ability to get started soon.

I don't think it would be too hard for someone that has more progamming experience then me. The program hijack already does a lot of things with the player app without access to its source code. In order for TTS to announce the name of a song that is about to play all that it would need to do is monitor the filesystem for an FID file to be launched by the player app. When it detects it, it could send the pause key to the player, making the player think someone pressed the pause key. While it is paused it would play the prerecorded TTS file associated with that particular FID. Once the prerecorded TTS finishes playing, it would send the pause key to the player app again to resume playback of the MP3 file.