All things being equal, I believe in the War Games philosophy that "the only winning move is not to play." But, now that the cat is out of the bag, and nuclear weapons exist, I realize that the world will never completely disarm. With that knowledge, I think it's important to control who's got the weapons, and it's in the world's best interest to monitor who has them.

So I think it's okay for the U.S. and certain other nations to have these weapons because we've earned the right to have them, through our judicious "last resort" use of them. We don't use chemical or biological weapons, and have used nuclear weapons twice, when it was the last option. Saddam has routinely used chemical and biological weapons, and there's no telling what he would do if he got his hands on a nuke. I think the world understands that the U.S. isn't going to be dropping nukes on anyone anytime soon.

As for questionable countries like China and North Korea, diplomatic solutions are underway to control their nuclear weapons programs. In Iraq's case, diplomatic avenues are a dead end.