If the same principals that are used in carbon dating or other techniques used to prove evolution were used in the field of medicine, we'd be lucky if we survived taking asprin.

I used to work in an institution where they did C14 and tritium dating. Not terribly accurate, of course, but your get you order of magnitude (much better that that, but that's beside the point). Of course, the deeper in the past we get, more assumptions get into the picture and measurements become less accurate, but not that innaccurate..

Evolution was a desperate attemp to remove God from the picture

On the contrary. I would like warm and fuzzy feeling of having somebody watch over me (I don't worry about having to stick to It's ethics - my private version of it is close enough to that published by Christians), but, sadly, I don't see any evidence of such Someone's existence. Many early (and some modern) scientists found themselves torn between what they see and what more ortodox interpretation of their religion teaches.

OTOH, while I concede that out universe might conceivably be result of purposefull initial design, it is irrelevant to this discussion.
Dragi "Bonzi" Raos Q#5196 MkII #080000376, 18GB green MkIIa #040103247, 60GB blue