I think the pricing is probably reasonable, though I don't have the cash right now to make it happen. And I'm biased enough that I wouldn't even look at a different brand of mp3 player now that this is coming out. It's either Rio or nothing, which is probably not the attitude most consumers are going to take. But at least my wife agrees. I let her borrow my empeg for a week (I know, can you believe it? A week with NO EMPEG. She's still recovering from major back surgery, so she pretty much gets whatever she wants) and now she wants a Karma so bad she can't stop talking about it. So we'll probably get a 40 gig at some point when cashflow is a bit better.

Two questions I have though:

1. Will we ever be able to sync our Empegs with the Karma so when I do get my wife one it will be easy to keep them both up to date? (I assume/hope that someday the Karma will get nested playlists, otherwise this couldn't ever happen)

2. My wife really wants a docking station for her car if she gets an mp3 player. In fact she specifically told me to post here and say so. She wants the "cuteness" (i.e. small) and portability of the Karma with the ability to play music everywhere like the Emepg has. So what's the likelyhood of this ever happening? I figure slim to none, but this would probably be the "killer app" for my family to buy one. Right now the Empeg is installed in my car, not hers, and her car is the one we use for long trips.