You get an extra 5GB for the same price, or an extra 10GB for the same price with the high end unit. We simply have no equivalent of the low end iPod (i.e. very small disk, no dock etc).

And, as I said before, I'm really impressed the dock comes with both models. All things being equal, walking around with an iPod is still a large status symbol. Geeks want to explain how cool their car stereo is, how it's so much better than any others, and how You Can't Have One because they stopped making them. Normal People want people to see their iPod and go "look, he's got an ipod, he must have disposable income, I think I'll go talk to him". It remains to be seen if the Karma will become a status symbol or not, but gaining that non-geek appeal will be dificult.

As soon as I can get one for $350 taxed and shipped, all be ordering. Oh, I wanted to compliment the rio store for having shipping be a reasonable $6. Quite respectable. Any interesting thing that you can't put a price on is that when I sent my mother to the apple online store to buy an ipod for my sister, she later told me without promting that it was the best online shopping experience she'd had. I'm glad to hear the old estore has been replaced with a new one, and anxious to hear some reports about it.

Matthew