Zeke,

I don't envisage the wheel mapping functionality I propose affecting anything other than the functionality of the wheel on the 'track' info screen - That is to say that this wheel functionality would not be available in the 'Now/Next' screen, or for the sake of argument the menu system.

The current functionality of the wheel is different in the 'track' info screen to the 'Now/Next' screen anyway, and this hasn't to the best of my knowledge caused much in the way of confusion.

Since the chosen user wheel setting would persist over a power cycle, the setting would automatically get reset to a default (could be the current seeking behaviour, or 'off' for nothing meaning that it won't do anything whilst in the pocket) by the current factory reset functionality - Which I have just remembered isn't currently exposed to the user via any menu option, so scratch that last paragraph. I can't remember why there isn't a return to factory defaults user option, do we need one? Personally I'm not convinced we do.